Could you lead a group of passionate local women?
We are a small community voluntary group established in 2010. We are committed to raising awareness of women’s issues, encouraging women from all walks of life, and hosting events/activities to give women the chance to socialise and share with one another (you can find out more about our aims here and our previous events here).
Our current Chair Laura has been part of WAND since 2018, but is planning to step down this year. Laura is from Dorset originally but now lives in Bristol, and would love to see the Chair be taken on by a dedicated woman based more locally. Laura is very keen to stay involved and support WAND’s new leader in their role.
- Have a passion for women’s issues and working with women from different backgrounds?
- Have experience or an interest in the community/voluntary sector?
- Do you live in or have a significant connection to Dorset?
If the answer to all of the above is yes, we’d love to hear from you!
Role of the Chair
The role of WAND’s Chair involves overseeing the leadership of the organisation – we are a small group at present, but we’d love to continue to run our much-loved events and develop new ideas for the future.
Specific responsibilities of the Chair include:
- Chairing meetings to ensure all agenda items are discussed and that all members are able to contribute
- Ensuring that decisions are made democratically
- Taking responsibility for ensuring that actions taken are in line with constitution/strategy and that the organisation fulfils its purpose
If you would like to be involved with WAND but are not interested in the Chair role, we are also looking for general committee members. Key responsibilities for all committee members will include:
- Attendance at regular Committee meetings. These will take place quarterly at a minimum and monthly at a maximum (e.g. in the run up to a bit event)
- Completion of actions in a timely manner as determined at Committee meetings, and reporting back to the wider group on the outcomes.
- Support and/or represent WAND at events (both in-person and offline). This could include helping operations to run smoothly on the day, promoting events, or speaking on behalf of WAND when networking with other organisations.
If you are interested in the Chair role (or a general committee member role), please send an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with a few lines about why you are interested in getting involved and any previous experience/skills/knowledge you feel is relevant. We will then have a chat with you over the phone or via Zoom to get to know you and explain WAND in more detail.
The deadline for expressions of interest in the Chair role is 31st October 2021 – this is to give us time to prepare the formalities ahead of the AGM.
AGM – save the date
Please do save the date for the AGM – this is taking place on Wednesday 17th November, 7pm.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!