How will the new Women’s Health Strategy for England serve the Women of Dorset?
About this event
On 20th July 2022 the government launched a new Women’s Health Strategy for England. It sets out how the UK government will improve the way in which the health and care system listens to women’s voices, and how it will boost health outcomes for women and girls. It takes a life course approach, focused on understanding the changing health and care needs of women and girls across their lives, from adolescents and young adults to later life.
This is a 10-year strategy that sets out a range of commitments to improve the health of women everywhere.
But how will this strategy affect women and girls in Dorset? What is already available across the county and do all women have equal access to it? Who are the decision makers, the experts and the influencers? What is available outside the NHS and who is it for? What research is taking place and how can women become involved? How can women add their voice and experience to shaping what the future might look like for the health of women and girls in Dorset?
This Dorset Women’ Health Symposium will consider these questions over the course of this one day introductory event in a series of plenary talks and discussion panels. It will provide opportunities for women to hear from experts and decision makers, to share their stories, to offer their input to shaping services and to take part in local research programmes.
- menstrual health and gynaecological conditions
- fertility, pregnancy, pregnancy loss and postnatal support
- mental health and wellbeing
- the health impacts of violence against women and girls
- healthy ageing and long-term conditions
We will be welcoming speakers and panel members across a broad range of subjects from consultant gynaecologists, physiotherapists and specialised nurse practitioners to complementary therapists, fitness experts, coaches, and women with lived experience of a range of different health conditions.
Ticket price covers the cost of venue hire, speaker fees and expenses as well as all the tech and licenses required for online access and interaction. Women’s Action Network Dorset is a voluntary community group and a not-for-profit organisation.
Early Bird: Book now and receive a 25% discounted ticket for £17.50. Available for two weeks only and limited numbers available.
General Admission: £22.50
PayForward: We have created a PayForward scheme to allow women to attend who might otherwise be unable. If you can afford to purchase a PayForward ticket as well as your own ticket, you will be helping someone to attend who cannot afford their own ticket. This may include young women, women on benefits or very low income, or women unable to book online because of lack of a device, internet or bank account.
If you, or someone you work with, or you know someone who would like to receive a PayForward ticket please email WANDorset@gmail.com and we will allocate you, or them, a ticket with complete discretion.
Multiple Tickets/Group Bookings: If you wish to purchase multiple tickets please contact WANDorset@gmail.com for a group booking discount
Carers, Assistants & Parents: Your carer, assistant and/or parent can attend Free. Please book your ticket and email us at WANDorset@gmail.com and we will allocate your carer a free place.
Equality and Inclusion Statement
- This event is for everyone who has any interest in women’s health without discrimination
- The venue is fully accessible and additional needs (physical, mental, visual, hearing, neuro-divergent, safety, language, religous, alternative communication or any other needs) can be catered for on an individual basis – please email WANDorset@gmail.com with your enquiries/requirements
- The event will be recorded and material, including all interactive activities, will be made available online after the event for people unable to attend in-person and offered at a discounted rate through the Eventbrite platform.
- Facilities for feeding and changing are available at the venue for parents with young babies.